Monday 3 May 2010

Nathan Fake: keeping it real

UK electronica wunderkind Nathan Fake will be bringing his sepia-tinged take on techno and wistful house to the Adriatic this summer to play our very first Stop Making Sense festival.

The Norfolk-born producer signed to James Holden's Border Community label is still best known for his stunning 2006 debut album Drowning In A Sea of Love, and is now finishing off this third LP, of which he'll no doubt be playing tracks and exclusives in his Stop Making Sense set.

We caught up with the man himself to talk festivals and favourite tunes...

Summer's coming, what's on the agenda?
"I've actually got a pretty quiet summer ahead gig-wise, though I'm doing a lot of work on music, an album and stuff like that."

Tell us about your latest projects?
"An album as I just mentioned, and a couple of remixes, I've just done one for Jon Hopkins.

What current artists are you drawing inspiration from right now?
"I really like the last albums from Four Tet and Caribou, i am also enjoying stuff by Lone. and Autechre's new album is total hardcore."

What are you favourite/biggest tunes of the moment?
Autechre - known(1) / Legowelt - interflug electro

What can we expect from your show at Stop Making Sense?
"I'll play some new tunes and some old tunes of mine."

Who are you most looking forward to seeing play at the festival?
"I'm not sure of the whole line up actually, but I'm looking forward to seeing my pals Sam & Steve (Allez-Allez - download their SMS mix)."

Any unusual festival tips?
"Don't camp."

Where will we find you at sunrise on Sunday morning?
"Probably hanging out with my girlfriend and friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment